Ethos, Vision and Values
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
Our vision for Durrington All Saints Church of England Voluntary Controlled Infant School:
- To make certain that the learning contained within our Christian Act of Worship permeates through who we are and all that we do, showing that we serve God and care for others.
- To ensure that within our Christian ethos and principles, all our children matter and that they are encouraged and nurtured to reach their full potential, in body, mind and spirit.
- To grow together in faith and to develop our children’s spiritual lives individually and collectively.
- To develop fully the talents of our children, whether intellectual, physical or creative, by offering a broad and balanced curriculum, influenced by our Christian values and principles, where Religious Education (RE), has a central place.
- To strive to make sure that our children become responsible global citizens with a concern for the well-being of all God’s creations.
- To pledge that everyone feels cherished and that their views and opinions are heard within an atmosphere that enables all to feel safe, cared for and valued.
- To encourage our children to adopt a healthy life-style and to give them the knowledge and skills needed to make educated choices.
- To provide a vibrant and stimulating indoor and outdoor learning environment, celebrating God’s wonderful world.
- To be an inspirational school delivering excellence in learning by being creative, inclusive, grounded in Christian faith and preparing children for life.
At Durrington All Saints Church of England Infant School we value:
The Christian nature of our school, reflected in our relationships and partnerships with children, their families and the wider community.
- The links with our local Christian groups and our work together to provide our children within our Christian teachings, a knowledge and understanding of God’s love.
- An ethos and environment which is founded upon the love of God, for His World and His people.
- The desire to treat others as they would like to be treated – with respect, consideration and fairness and therefore encourage our children to be disciplined, caring and responsible members of the school community.
- Our place within the local and global community and understand that our children need to feel a sense of belonging and ownership.
- A mutual respect for each other’s views, beliefs and opinions and model this to our children through positive communication and through speaking and listening skills.
- An ethos and environment of honesty, love and trust, so that our children feel safe, realise they are listened to, understand they are cared for and know that they matter.
- The importance of celebrating everyone’s talents and achievements and firmly believe in raising our children’s self-esteem and confidence through praise and recognition.
- An RE curriculum that encourages children to explore, question and develop a knowledge of other faiths.
- A curriculum and atmosphere, in which our children can experiment, make mistakes and have the confidence to try again.